Nice to see you!

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Communication


I honestly do not know how men and women ever manage to form any sort of coherent relationship, seeing as how we don't even speak the same language. I have a wonderful boyfriend, as sweet as the day is long, but there are times I wonder if we are from the same planet.

For example. I want to make soup. I send him an email and ask him to pick up celery and carrots. I tell him I don't want to put the noodles in until we make the soup because they get mushy when frozen. He sends me back an email. It says, "Ok, I will pick up onions and I won't make the noodles mushy." Huh? I had to go back and re-read my email thinking perhaps I'd had a bout of keyboard Tourettes. Nope. I said what I thought I said. He heard what he thought he heard.

The other day I didn't sleep well, and I told him that I looked like hell. He says to me "You could never look like hell, but if there were angels in hell, they would look just like you." All the girls go, "Awwwww....". On the outside, that sounds like a compliment, right? But here's what I heard - my boyfriend thinks I look like an angel from hell. Does that make me a Hell's Angel? What does that mean?! I KNOW he meant it in the nicest possible way, but that's not what I heard.

Maybe I need to read that Men are from Mars, Women are From Venus book. I think I'm missing something......

No comments:

Post a Comment